Beaver Creek Cooperative Telephone Company (BCT) maintains a scholarship fund for the benefit of its members and families. The purpose of which is to recognize and provide financial assistance to students pursuing education in any degree at an accredited four year college, Clackamas Community College, a community college, or a trade/technical school.
This scholarship fund is subject to the following rules and regulations.
- To be eligible the candidate must be a BCT member or an immediate family member legally residing in the member household on the date of the initial award of scholarship.
- If candidates are attending high school, they must have a cumulative 3.0 (“B) average or higher.
- After initial award, while attending college, a minimum average of 2.5 (“C+) must be maintained while carrying a full schedule (12 hours) to remain eligible for future disbursements.
- The recipient must attend a college certified by the Northwest Accreditation Association or recognized by the National Association of Trade and Technical Schools.
- Application must be on the official BCT application form and received by the company by February 21st, 2017.
- Selection shall be made by a committee appointed by the company Board of Directors. Applications shall be modified to remove names so a “blind” selection process can be made without influence of candidate names.
- Awards are payable in equal quarterly or semester increments as determined by the student’s plan of study. For the academic year beginning September 2015, the company will make a minimum of three scholarships available.
- Payment of the current portion of the scholarship may be made directly to the college upon submission of verified registration at an approved school and receipt of a copy of a transcript if a returning student. Termination of the student’s school program will result in the cancellation of the award and any remaining funds will not be disbursed.
All applications are due by 5:30 p.m. February 21st, 2017. Please turn them in to our main office at 15223 S Henrici Road in Oregon City.
NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS ACADEMIC YEAR.